Friday, May 11, 2012

Opinions

This world is confusing me.


We live in a age where you are told to believe in no one and nothing but yourself, with the obvious exception of the world and it's telling you to do so, (see the irony here?)  It is this standard of thought within society that has radically changed the way we view the world and ourselves.  Statements like "Dude Taylor Swift sucks" and "Did you see the movie Footloose?  Worst. Movie. Ever." now sound quite arrogant and uneducated, as if forming opinions are now a sign of one's inability to stay intellectually updated. We're not allowed to voice our opinions anymore, because opinions can hurt other people.  We must be accepting of all things and other people, and yet we must also believe in no one but ourselves, and yet we must be careful never to offend or ostracize anyone, and yet we must not care about other opinions of ourselves because they don't matter, and yet we must understand all things are relative to each person's perception, except for our own of course.  


Do you see this double standard the world demands from our society?  It's maddening.  I can't even voice my opinions without someone telling me to be more accepting.  More accepting of what? Your view?  The world tells me not to care about your view, just mine, but I'm not allowed to form a view because it'll offend someone else.  But I'm not supposed to care about that right? Wrong? 


Screw it.


I have a ton of opinions, and, call me 18th century if you want, but I'm going to share them.  Pleeeease disagree with me; I love a good, rational debate.  And if I offend you, I'm truly not sorry.  These are my own analyzations and opinions and I fully believe I am entitled to them, as you are fully entitled to disagree with them.


This particular blog will cover my critiques of movies, from the biggest budget films to the littlest known indie flick. Anything I happen to watch and feel compelled to write about when it comes to cinema, I will.  


If you happen to be interested in what I have to say, feel free to read on, send me a message, ask me questions, argue, challenge me to an old-fashioned dual, whatever.   I genuinely enjoy discovering other's opinions on art, particularly movies, so I figure why not share my own.


Thanks for stumbling upon just another's guy's opinion :)




















- John









No comments:

Post a Comment